I can help you develop your priorities, strategies, community engagement and partnership, with a particular focus on health and wellbeing. I can contribute strategic thinking, research, facilitating small groups and writing. My experience has been particularly with Healthwatch, Health and Wellbeing Boards, local authorities, health commissioners and providers and the voluntary sector.
I could offer such things as:
- helping a local Healthwatch determine its priorities and plan its community engagement
- facilitating a Health and Wellbeing Board in developing its Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy
- supporting voluntary sector organisations in getting more engaged with the Health and Wellbeing Board
I can help with a wide range of strategic and management issues relevant to local government, health and the voluntary sector, particularly related to health and wellbeing. Examples would be support on:
- community engagement strategies
- health and wellbeing strategies
- partnership working.
I can offer, in particular, research, analysis, facilitation and writing skills, such as:
- Desk research (e.g. literature review, analysis of in-house data and information)
- Obtaining qualitative or quantitative feedback through semi-structured interviews, groups or through surveys)
- Facilitation of groups for problem solving, ideas generation, strategy development etc.)
- Writing of strategies, plans, reports etc.
I am available to work on a freelance basis for the public and voluntary sector, social enterprises, co-operatives and others, such as local Healthwatch’s, Health and Wellbeing Boards, Councils, CCGs, health trusts or regional and national support bodies.
I provide a facilitative and supportive function, helping organisations and individuals to think through the problems and issues and come to their own conclusions. As well as helping develop thinking I am also a practical resource – doing some of the research, engagement or writing – but it is important that issues are owned and driven by the host body to ensure the sustainability of solutions.